These are my top picks for pregnancy, birth and parenting books. These are books that I have either authored or read and loved. These are the books that, even as an experienced midwife, academic and mother, I keep going back to over and over again. The information in these books is timeless and valuable.
These are the books you will read, lend out and want back again!
- Birthing Outside the system: the Canary in the Coal mine By Hannah Dahlen et al
- Spiritual Midwifery By Ina May gaskin
- Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering By Sarah Buckley
- Why Induction Matters By Rachel Reed
- Ina May’s guide to childbirth By Ina May Gaskin
- New Active Birth by Janet Balaskas
- The Scientification of Love By Michel Odent
- Who moved my cheese By Spencer Johnson
- The First forty days By Heng Ou
- Birth Crisis By Sheila Kitzinger
- The Birth wars By Mary-Rose MacColl
- Reading birth and death: a history of obstetric thinking by Jo Murphy-Lawless